Friday 10 January 2014

Another taster from the same pot

Afternoon friends.

Firstly many thanks for all the wonderful comments coming into Dead Men Lie central. It seems these chapters have been well received makes our hard work all the more enjoyable.

We have been busy here in the office organising the printing of the new version of the book, We have to have it all ready by the beginning of Feb so as to be sure of having the printed books ready for the June Book Launch in Rye. That is moving on a pace, the posters and flyers are now ordered, the invitations are printed awaiting posting.  These next few months are going to be busy busy busy, in fact the new fleeces, polo shirts and tee shirts are all ordered and we await their arrival with anticipation.  


 We have also just received another wonderful review. it arrived this morning via the web site and its pretty damn good. its from a Lady here in England and I have to say I am pleased she took the time to contact us. i will be posting this on the web site later

"Mr Procter, I have just finished your extraordinary book and felt compelled to write to you. I wanted to place my review on Amazon, but for some reason the site wouldn't allow me to upload it, hence the reason it has come to you direct. I began this book back in June while on holiday, for two weeks it went everywhere with me, each spare moment I devoured the lives of the residents of Stormouth. I had read three quarters of the book before I was forced to return to work and have only now, through ill health, had the chance to complete it. Wow what a story, what a fertile mind you must have, what descriptive prowess and character portrayal. I felt as if I knew every nook and cranny of the town. As for the residents they have become almost real to me. I swore at your when tragedy befell Abigail, I wanted to kill the priest myself  and wept at Nathaniel's demise. But you knew better, you toyed with us, the reader, led us down blind alleyways and built the suspense until revealing the truth right at the end in a series of chapters I especially liked. I would heartily recommend this book to anyone, in fact I am surprised it hasn't been snapped up by some publishing house already, it certainly deserves to be a number one bestseller. I look forward to further stories from you all the best."

Sue, S. UK      

 Thank you Sue comments like that make all the hard work worthwhile.

Lastly we have a new merchandising strategy. it will feature more and more in the lead up to the big day. it goes some thing like this

" I have a book but I don;t want to sell it.... I do have 100 chocolate bars on sale though and for each one bought you will receive a copy of Dead Men Lie free of charge."

 More soon, but for now I have a prequel to write.

D

No comments:

Post a Comment