Sunday 29 December 2013

New year trivia/Updated

hello blogging friends

  This will not be extensive, the power here is still on and off so I will simply say, watch this space there is much gnashing of teeth to come.

 So I will wish you all a Happy new year and tell you what we experienced in our tiny corner of the globe.
Storm hit us on the night of Monday into Christmas Eve/ With much blowing and gnashing we were entrusted with Gods full might. A tree came down and tiles fell off the roof and of course the power went which it has done on and off ever since but for all that we came off pretty lucky.

 Christmas morning it was still a little blowy and so I was up at 3 am sitting in the dark with just candles to light my way all very festive and unable to open pressies ans the little one was asleep. still she would, be awake around 7 wouldn't she? No the one time you want her awake she sleeps til 9 but then her face more than made up for my solitude in the dark.Anyway the turkey was relegated to the now silent freezer and we boiled bacon in the gas hob just in case the power went half way through the cooking process and Christmas day was spent assessing the damage.  

 This might sound pretty primitive but we were so much better off than some who five or six days down the line have experienced no power and floods so I can't complain. well I can we have started to get the estimates for the repairs. One roofer failed to arrive despite his assurances he would. another came yesterday and without getting up there came out with an estimate which beggars believe. I know we are at their mercy but it is there inflated prices that push our premiums up every year. We have another coming at 8.30 today and even he said he was busy and had been working ever since boxing day so you can guess what his prices will be like.

 I am thinking of asking the insurance company to allow me to do the work, what do you reckon would they pay me £780 pounds or pay a roofer who has inflated their price, so the lowest estimate so far is £33276.
 if this is happening to me who many others are being ripped off. Oh well back to wood cutting that tree will burn nicely next year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment