Sunday 23 June 2013

Ghost writing.

Hi all.

 Had a fascinating meeting with my client today. What he has experienced would, i am sure have driven most sane men mad. His is a truly horrifying tale of weirdness, one that i as an outsider cannot in all honesty come anywhere near to understand.

He and his family have been vilified by those they thought of as friends, have undergone things that would have strained the best of relationships yet they have persevered and why? Well to be honest because they all experienced the same thing.

Five people all saw and witnessed the same chilling events, no one else, just those five people. Who then can say they are liars or have made this story up? Possibly they did, if so why? To gain credence or notoriety? if that was the case then i can vouch for the fact that not one of them requires any sort of financial gain from the sale of this book. Such is there conviction that even I, a cold hearted writer has agreed to give everything over and above legitimate expenses to charity. He is destined to make not one penny piece, any income derived from book sales or public appearances is destined for charity. A noble gesture, one that many, more enlightened souls would be hard pressed to do if asked.

What then is his driving force? Well having now sat with him on numerous occasions and watched his hours of tapes for which i must thank him for his candour and openness. I can say with some authority that he was scared by what he encountered. Scared to such an extent that he feels the need to explain to the greater audience what awaits us and how we should be warned of those who decry his thoughts. Believe if you will, some will some will not but one thing you cannot deny is this man's conviction. Does such conviction cause concern? Only to those who see in his words problems with how they view life.

Personally i will write his words and keep my own thoughts close to my heart. No doubt our work will offend some while others will hopefully find some comfort in what we reveal. Who is right I have no idea but this world surely is big enough for every one to have their own views right or wrong good or bad.


 Now i must return to what is becoming a fascinating concept, I know the ending (or do I ) and i am excited about what he had witnessed.

Till another day

Dave        




Monday.


Good Morning all.

Nice to see so many  enjoyed what I wrote yesterday. I am beginning to enjoy my task. I admit at first with so much information to absorb I found it daunting but now I have found a voice the words are flowing. My client desires to see the first drafts but I am reticent, they are my ramblings, some of the text is in place some is simply a series of notes.That is how I build a story even my editor finds my creative method frustrating but we all have our quirks this is mine. However i can see his desire but I am torn between doing right by myself and his need to be assured that I am doing his story justice. A compromise is needed as with all things in life no two people have the same views.  Perhaps I should give him one chapter at least then he will see that I can write. Mind you if he looked at my website he will see that I can put a passable book together. There are many writers out there who struggle to get past the opening of a book, to those I can appreciate their agony. Ride the Marsh Road sat for many months without the structure to move forward. It only drew breath when i found its voice now it nears completion another thrilling episode of The Stormouth Chronicles.

Back to the Keyboard

More soon

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment