Saturday 4 May 2013

Hello all

 first of all i must apologise for my apparent lack of etiquette. It seems some are appalled at my bad spelling and appalling grammar. Unreservedly i am sorry if this had detracted you from (A) reading my blogs and posts and (B) put you off buying my book Dead Men Lie.

 I will endevour to explain  (no not make excuses but explain) I am a terrible typist one finger at most. it takes time to write things and sometimes my brain overtakes my typing. is that an excuse? Perhaps but is pretty tame isn't it. Use spellchecker i hear you all cry well there is my next excuse. Our new computer is complicated for a old man like myself. it has new gadgets and gizmos which i am still finding some elements from the old laptop have disappeared forever. Things i was used to having  like spell checker, not until today has my daughter finally got around to showing me where it is now my comments should go out perfectly without spelling mistakes, well in English no doubt my American friends will still expect to see a Z where an S is preferred.

As for my book you should have seen the first draft Lisa must have wondered what on earth she was taking on but as i explained i can spell i can write i just cannot type. So should you compare e-mails to a finished book? If you do someone should look seriously at those authors who can write a great e-mail and fall down badly in their books for reasons which are beyond my understanding As for Dead Men Lie all i will continue to say is read the book before you condemn and only then if you can do better.

 So that's one thing i have been chastised about now for another whinge my stance on how well UKIP did in our local elections i stand by what i said I am neither a racist nor a weirdo. I voted UKIP because i was fed up as a conservative voter of long standing by the lies and u turns performed daily by Mr Cameron and his cronies. Anyone who gets elected on a promise and then turns tail in my mind is unworthy of office  The Tories promised us a referendum on the EU which has now been put back until 2015. If they regain office what happens then, will it be put back again? What if Labour get in will we ever see a referendum? I doubt it. UKIP to me offers me what i desire to see happen in this once great country. if that makes me a racist then so be it but that is what we fought 2 World wars for, a little thing called democracy.

Until my next rant enjoy the weekend

Dave
 .  

No comments:

Post a Comment