Monday 1 April 2013



Hi it's me again.

Happy Easter by the way and thank you all for sharing your thoughts on both this Blog and the web site with me. Some of your ideas I will look at seriously though some i will take with a little discretion.


  Speaking of which I would like to share another comment we received last night. it comes from a Canadian reader and I think it sums up nicely what most are thinking. I will include their thoughts as written in full.

"David T Procter. I had to put pen to paper, figuratively and comment on your book Dead Men Lie. I purchased it not knowing what it would be like as I had never heard of either you or it. The price was a little steep I thought until I noticed the length of your work. 400 plus pages was a surprise, I had assumed you would be another short writer as I call them. That dealt with i settled down to begin not knowing what to expect. The Forward I thought a little meaningless until i re read it and the meaning suddenly appeared, while the first two chapters I must say hooked me in. The way you wrote about the years before the American Revolutionary war was sensitively portrayed. Worthington was a man most could associate with and the reasons for his tune of allegiance brilliantly carried out.

  I sped through the opening eager to learn what was to occur, what I discovered was a story of such depth such passion that it left me feeling overwhelmed. I will not go into the plot just in case there are those still deliberating as to whether to purchase this book. If that is the case do so immediately. This author is a paradox, he leads in one direction, before taking you off in another. He lays one character before you, instilling either hatred or love for them only to dash your hopes asunder as their characteristics are laid bare. His villain is pure evil his heroine not what i had assumed in fact it took me until the last few chapters to have my theories totally torn asunder.

 You Mr Procter are an author worthy of credit, I am an avid reader and have found few to compare you with. I think i can add with a conviction most will come to agree with that you are a rarity among authors a man who is both a story teller and a genius. Dead Men Lie is difficult to categorise, is it a mystery or a thriller, is it a romance or crime. Is it indeed fact or fiction? Whatever the genre you could do a lot worse than read this book. I will again and i will be recommending it to all my friends.

Congratulations Mr Procter I look forward to seeing you on a best seller list before the end of the year."

 What can i say but thank you Edith G. from Alberta.                    



1 comment:

  1. Hi David,

    I know its not quite the end of easter, but any chance we could discuss future work?

    No worries if not.

    Regards

    Sean

    ReplyDelete