Monday 15 April 2013

Morning all


  Well i have told you about my books, my life, the why's and wherefores of the family so i suppose i had better toss them all aside and tell you about my passion....no that's not the word my punishment.

I have a plot of land which i work, its small barely a couple of acres but it is where i go to A seek inspiration and B work off the fat that has accumulated around what was once a lithesome figure. Prior to obtaining this land we had a couple of allotment plots but this land came available and at least its mine to do with as i wish without all the politics involved with an allotment.

My plot my small holding my acreage is a couple of miles away and I go there early morning to escape the rubbish of life IE the tragedy in Boston. this morning. Most days when its not raining because i am a fair weather gardener i am there as the sun rises around 5.30. To me that is the best part of the day when the world is new alive untainted by what the day will bring.

My sanctuary is my shed built by my own fair hands there is kept my tools of my trade, amongst the pots and discarded sacks sit the basics of life a radio tuned to classic FM, a kettle ready for the surge of electricity supplied by my trusty generator and a reclining chair, no nothing flash simply a chair with two legs shorter than the front two.

 Three cups of tea later and i am ready for the fray. You see my plot was overgrown when i took it on last year, knee deep in muck and rubbish but with a massive amount of time and expended energy i have dug enough to actually start planting this year. During the winter it was too wet to do much but we did manage to get a sizable load of horse s*** pooh delivered and that awaits my attention, dig and manure the basis of a good plot.

 In the last few weeks i have planted 280 onions, the potatoes are in all 28 rows of them and the broad beans look pretty good, the first row is up and looking healthy. This weekend we have to plant the peas and french beans which involves my worst nightmare rigging the pea netting every year we fight and the netting usually wins.

As you might have guessed i haven't gone there this morning, a hospital appointment delays my start but all being well i will attend my shed sometime today to see what the thieves have taken. The badgers, the foxes the birds all conspire against us gardeners but so long as they leave some for me i don't worry too  much we all have to live alongside each other. Seems to me the real villains in this world is man himself, we do more damage than anything else has done before. Save the planet I hear all the time what we mean is save us the planet will continue in some form or another long after we have destroyed ourselves by then though i will be with the great harvester in the sky.

On that happy note it's time for tea.

Dave            













No comments:

Post a Comment