Sunday 28 April 2013

Morning All


 No moans today "Hurry" its Sunday and the sun is struggling to climb above the trees. Just a quick word then off to the plot for a quick two hour workout, sorry do a bit of digging and planting.

Right I have returned. The acreage is looking good at the moment. We have all the spuds, broad beans, peas and onions in But we are struggling to make up time due to the bad weather still digging as we plant so the plot looks a little strange to say the least. Some parts all neat and tidy while others resemble the Somme. I like being down there as the dawn breaks, usually i am there from 6am to 8am ample time to do what I need to do and be home again before the day time gardeners arrive with all their moans and petty politics. Oh its pathetic at times, they moan about this and that what someone is doing or not doing. They whine about some poor soul encroaching onto the path or a manure pile being an inch out of line. hence the reason I work by the light of the moon or the rising sun no one to bother me no one to stop me and spoil my time by talking. Am I miserable? Perhaps but that's me take me or leave me.

As it is this morning I was disturbed. There I was digging away when suddenly this voice shouts "Oi" I stopped turned and stared no one was to be seen. Kids i assumed but why would they be out at the crack of dawn you rarely see a paper boy anymore so that wasn't the reason nor was there a milkman to be seen. Sunday meant that the posties were all abed sleeping so perhaps the old hearing was playing tricks. "Oi you" there it was again another cursory glance and i was ready to believe in little green men or leprechauns. Maybe i was close to their pot of gold and they wished to scare me off. "Oi mate up here" Finally I knew where the voice came from looking up there in the cloudless sky was a balloon four people hung out of the basket waving and laughing. I wasn't going mad simply hadn't expected such a thing to be so low on a Sunday. Then with a cheerful wave, the burners cut in and it rose into the sky, the occupants still waving as it disappeared into the distance.

That was my first surprise of the day what will happen next we shall have to wait and see
.

Speak soon

Dave        

No comments:

Post a Comment