Sunday 21 April 2013


Morning one and all.

 Yesterday was a day best forgotten. A day when It seems i managed to upset almost all i spoke to and the reason...well nothing i can put here for public consumption. 


My irritability though did provoke astounding results, if nothing else i finally got authors talking about more than their own books. We have an inbuilt ability all of us and i include myself to bore for England we wax lyrical about our own work and never contribute to the general feelings that lie within us, the reasons we write the problems we incur the loneliness we feel.

yesterday finally we saw the passion arise from some on various sites even if i became the source of some derision. My crime, sin upon sin was to say i disagreed with the concept of giving books away to buy reviews. I still do and it  is something i would fight to eliminate from the self publishers armoury. Oh i know for some it works and they will say but we are getting our name out there we are becoming known. What for your ability to make nothing out of your work. Yes you are becoming known, your readers see you as a kind and benevolent author who allows them to read you work for nothing they will absorb perhaps and give you a glowing review perhaps and what then your next book is released and you expect them to pay for this I would suspect they will shun it and turn their attentions to the next author to offer them something for nothing.

 Personally i would rather languish in the depths of the best sellers list and know that the readers who have parted with a few pounds did so because they wanted to read my books. To proof that point i reproduce in full a review that came in last night unsolicited and quiet unexpected.To me this is why i write, to see what others think of our work both good and bad. I hope more budding Shakespeare's or Dickens will turn from their chosen path and hold out for the true readers. 


This review wruitten by Chris on Google+ is reproduced in its entirety without editing simply cut and pasted from my website into this blog.Enjoy and if you feel the need to experience what she did well you know where to look davidtprocterbooks.co.uk

  
I am one of those wriggly things called a "bookworm", and when I heard that David Procter had written a book, I just had to have it! I have known David for only a short time, but his sense of humour in that time has proved him to be worth his weight in gold!! I must confess that I have never been a lover of history, either in book form or in a movie, fiction or non-fiction. However, I purchased the book "Dead Men Lie", and began to read it. And what a read it turned out to be! I was hooked from the very beginning, and longed to reach the end to find out what eventually happened! But no, final-page reading before I get there is not on my agenda. So I continued to read (and immensely enjoyed) the story. The story was extremely well-written and exciting. David did in this book what I expect all authors to do, which is to bring out all the emotions within me: Expectation; prolonged interest; anger; hatred; admiration; agony; sorrow; and tears - well, bring on the buckets! Certain unexplainable events occur in the story which leave the reader wondering why, oh why?! I cannot divulge any more for fear of ruining other readers' desires, but I do hope that many, many readers will give this book a chance - it really would be such a shame to pass it by! To summarise - an excellent book, well worth reading, and certainly not to be missed! Well done 



Thank you Chris and now I await my fate today. A new week brings new challenges the first of which is to get at least another two chapters written of The Ties That Bind. feel free to contact me if you are an author wishing to join me and discuss matters.

I will be here again tomorrow with some more exciting news.

Cheers dave

No comments:

Post a Comment